Sunday 29 January 2012

Zontar, the Thing from Venus (1966)

http://retrovision.tv/freevideo/zontar-the-thing-from-venus-1966

  AIEEEEEE! It's ZONTAR, the big rubber bat from Venus! This is a terrible remake of the dreadful It Conquered the World, and features John Agar (he made LOADS of crap movies like this one) once more sweating to save Mankind. The monster is truly awful (although he is easily the best actor in this tale), and insists on trying to enslave the human race from his hideout in a cave. He causes terrible problems with his sinister shenanigans, and Dr. Taylor (Agar) has his work cut out trying to foil the flaky fruit-bat's dastardly scheme. I really feel sorry for the poor bugger in the 'alien' costume, after all he was never going to be asked for his autograph by even the most desperate film fan. This was made for American tv and it shows! A definite 0/10 for this one, what a classic! More Sneaky Elephant movie recommendations soon!

2 comments:

  1. I bought this some time back not knowing it was a remake of It Conquered the World. What a surprise! I just couldn't imagine that someone thought it would be a good idea to remake such a film. Comparing Zontar to the original turned out to be the only entertainment value I could find with this flick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I started this blog so that people can watch these 'classics' of the genre without actually wasting real money on them. I do test all the links before posting them, but if you find one that doesn't work, please let me know and I'll do my best to find an alternative. Happy viewing!

      Delete